There are many reasons why Mallorca Spain is top vacations destination It is by far most beautiful Balearic Island of the Mediterranean. It has been traveler’s favorite due to its ravishing beaches and coves, remote mountains, vibrant cities and its culture.
The island beautiful cost is one of the main reasons it has been Europe´s top summer holiday getaway. Small coves almost braided as a string of Pearl are the reminder why Mallorca Spain, has never lost its appeal. It offers range of amazing resorts overlooking the bright-blue sea, fantastic seafood restaurants and endless range of activities from being completely laid-back to more active such us hiking trails and wáter sports as kite-surf or windsurf.
Food in Mallorca has never been more exciting, with chefs creating fusión of Mallorquin traditional recipies with nouvelle cuisine which defines fine dining in a different way. Although I am not big bread eater simplest dish and most exciting to me was grilled loaf of bred olive oil and fresh tomato and garlic rubbed into it. Simple delight and combined with a glass of fine Rioja makes almost a perfect meal. But do try the traditional pig spit-roast or more bistro style, simple seafood salads and cath of the day. Also be sure to visits some of the top Palma de Mallorca restaurants, this city has now 7 Michelin Star Restaurants that offer incredible cuisine prepared by finest chefs. Try : Capdepera, Simply Fosh, Es Racó des Teix Es Molí d’en Bou; Es FumAs
Stays in Mallorca Spain have changed in the last few years. Small farmhouses called Fincas, are getting a much needed revamping by thier oweners offering more refined rural retreats. Here you can truly enjoy simple life by spending silent moments among olive or almond groves and experience charm of the island hinterland.
For incredible luxury stay visit Cap Rocat, a former military fortress located in the most secluded area of the bay of Palma de Mallorca. Stunningly blended into the landscape, this magnificent fortress has been totally refurbished without altering its unique architecture and its natural environment. The former shooting pads, with a commanding view of the bay of Palma, have become spectacular suites each with a private patio and terraces. For other boutique hotels options click here .
Summer of course is a time when island gets more visitors than ever so be prepared for crowds and busy cities, long parties. Its is exciting to be there as most festivals take place and you can truly see genuine side of the island life.
– For Palma’s most spectacular views, visit the landmark Bellver Castle to the west of the city.
– Visit during San Sebastian festival one of the biggest celebrations of the year in Palma
– Visit vibran beach clubs: Royal beach, Anima, Virtual Beach Club for some relaxing day, great music and fine food.
– For Tapas lovers Palma offers the annual festival, : Tno to be missed – 30 restaurants and bars participating, it is an ideal opportunity to check out new places and new tastes Tapas are offered at around 2 euros held in autumn (October)
– On the third Thursday of September, a special night of art is celebrated in Palma de Mallorca called Nit de l’Art. Museums and galleries open late to show art exhibitions.
– Visit jewlery stores for fine pearl accesories. One of the finest desings and quality
So head out and let Mallorca Spain seduce you. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.